PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Orlando Flight Training or Bournemouth
Old 3rd Jun 2007, 15:26
Capt. Slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if i remember correctly the ground school cost me £5000, estimate the rent to come to £1500 if u get it cheap like i did, so your guess isnt too far off. thats exam free btw, add another £840 on top of that plus any you may have to retake. things like food etc is entirerly dependent on you, if u live like a student and take packed lunches in then it wont cost u alot (say £15-£20/wk), however if u eat out at the cafe next door (flight bites) expect to be paying £25/wk just on lunch. Transportation again depends if u already have a car or not - very useful, most accomodation will be 5 miles or so from the airport, but with the times you'll be going in expect rush hour traffic (30-40 mins to do 5 miles) so cyclings another (faster) possibility, just not practical with books etc. Arent any buses that go to the airport and taxi's cost a fortune so your options are limited. apart from that there arent many more expenses i can think of, apart from accomodation @ gatwick for exam wk & transportation to get there