PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF 777s and other rumours
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2007, 11:48
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Merged: QF 777s and other rumours

Strong rumours starting to swell about QF finally getting with the program and ordering the 777. The rumouree didn't suggest a time frame but other's line of thinking indicates a relative hurry- by early to mid next year seems to be the common consensus although some have them arriving towards the end of this year (hence the late closures of the aircraft promotional bids but this doesn't sound right to me!). ILFC is said to be the source of the airframes and seven to ten is the approximate number.

Classics to be held onto despite the 777s coming although that could change on a moments notice.

Reports of up to 85 S/Os wanted in a hurry but only 35 'approved' (by whom I have no idea) at the moment.

5 737NGs currently on order to be expansion rather than replacement for the -400s.

Source is a mate who heard his wife discussing it with the wife of his uncle's brother in law who heard it mentioned on some other forum! Beyond that I accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the above information. None of it is from my normal sources and most QF drivers will have heard minor variations on the theme over the last month or so.