PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wattisham
Thread: Wattisham
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2007, 07:56
6Z3

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Never thought I'd post on this thread. But one of my earliest guano immersions happened there as a 19 year old APO, post LUAS summer camp '71. We'd been there a month and had witnessed and joined in all the front line Mess life (piano burning of a newly presented Steinway I particularly remember). I stayed on for a couple of days after the UAS departed and happened to be present in the bar during a serious Kokinelli party (there was a bath full of the stuff in the corner of the bar); one of 56, 29, or 111 Sqns had just returned from the med. It ended with the obligatory chorus of "WHO OWNS THIS PLACE ANYWAY" followed by "TREBLE ONE" whilst hurling the glasses at the fireplace. On one of these toasts, a couple of bottles also got hurled, puncturing holes (one neat, one not so neat) in the panelled fireplace surrounds. Anyway, I departed the next day. Weeks later back at Woodvale at the start of the next term, I was hauled in front of the LUAS boss (Spoons) to be reprimanded for being the ringleader (according to those present)!! Me!! A 19 year old APO!! Thanks Treble One, it cost me £75