Old 3rd Jun 2007, 00:47
capt.cynical

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down From "Not good Enough"

Posted: 28 May 07 09:25
Post subject: Qantas
Company / Organisation name: Not Applicable
Issue type:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well congratulations Qantas you have done it again ... totally peeved a paying customer that is.

In Novmber 2006 I booked 2 return flights from Coffs to Sydney and due to circumstances I had to cancel one of them.

“No worries” the customer rep said on the phone, “I cant give you the money back (for your partners flight) even though you paid for the seat but I can issue a credit in your partners name so when he next wants to fly to Sydney he can use that so long as it is within 12 months. Goody happy customer so I thought.

In Feb this year we tried to cash in that credit for a flight to Sydney. “Oh no” we were told, “Mr X did not cancel the ticket so he was marked down as a ‘no show’ when he did not turn up for his flight.”

Ermm “I canceled this flight in October last year and was told that he had a credit in his name that only he could access so that is what we would like to do please.”

“Oh sorry Qantas policy is that the person flying has to cancel the ticket or it cant be done. Oh ok - so why was I told that Mr X’s seat ot the flight had been canceled and he had a credit issued to him?” “Sorry don’t know about that but Qantas policy is ..... .as above. “

Imagine my surprise when the same thing happens to my friend.

Her partner buys her a ticket from Mel to Syd and then cancels it as they split up .... SHE gets the credit and the flight too (with added $ of course). No one says to her that SHE has to be the one to cancel the flight or anything like that.

Why do Qantas customer service reps seem to have one rule for one person and one for another or is it just that they make up the rules as they go along???

If this has happened to anyone else can you please contact me (if allowed) as I have asked Qantas this question in my letter of complaint.

If it is not resolved in a satisfactory and timely way I will be reporting them to the ACCC as I cannot believe that I am the only person that this has happened to.

The money is insignificant it is the principle. They state that they have a policy but then someone else does exactly the same thing and gets a different response.

As far as I am concerned Q has stolen my money.

NGE Member: nurseratchett

Say's it all really !