PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there any HAPPY Pilots @ CX????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2007, 23:15
CruisingSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numero, I can tell you what made ME not very happy, and that was being openly threatened by a Chief Pilot (who I had never met before) that he is in a position to ruin my flying career, not only at Cathay, but for life. Hardly anyone with any pride in their profession, self respect or belief in their abilities will accept such abuse. Very same person frequently seen downtown at dinner time, with a select bunch of “careerminded” pilots clinging to his heel.

The whole experience was just not right and contrary to all the values I believed in. Why I wasn’t a happy Cathay pilot? Stupid question really, I blame it on taking part in an anti bullying programme in my college days… designed to enable us taking a place in this world as responsible grown ups.

Very happy again now, having returned to a normal airline job and sanity. To all those judgemental die hards out there I can only say that I never had a problem before, or after CX. Out of the 100 or so pilots I know on a personal level, the vast majority are NOT happy with their lot, feel mistreated and would rather be out, but find it hard giving up the dollars, social status, seniority or converting a licence/type… they end up having to endure in an unpleasant climate and remain in longterm limbo with a faint hope it will get better one day. But then, I am just a notoric malcontent who associated with my likes…