PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there any HAPPY Pilots @ CX????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2007, 19:27
junior_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am quite happy here and most of the North Americans I know are also happy here.
Some of it depends on you, if you want to live at home, don't take a job overseas. If you want everything to be the same, don't come here. Some things are different.
I live in HK for about $1100. USD a month for a nice apt. I don't want to be in DB and there are many many other places to live. It actually costs me less to live in HK than in the US. I don't have a car here and until I rented one in the US recently wasn't aware that gas prices were ridiculous again.
I don't think being a 727 flight engineer in the US was any more exciting than being an SO, but most pilots had to do it at one time.
There are some people who are not happy here. Perhaps they will divert some of their energy spent pissing and moaning online to something constructive, like finding a different job where they can be happy (if that is possible). Other wise I find myself with the same feelings as ACMS and others, don't let the door hit you in the a** on your way out.
CX is not perfect, but neither are other airlines. If you want perfection, get out of aviation.
To answer the training question, it takes a long time for initial training as they expect you to do 25 secotrs or so of line training. That takes a bit more time than on a 737. You also get plenty of time off. Otherwise training is about the same amount of time as other air carriers for intial hires.
Never turn down an interview, go and see for yourself.