PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there any HAPPY Pilots @ CX????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2007, 17:43
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
English mr fawlty, I learn it from a book..

The original intent of this thread was to discuss whether anyone was happy with CX. As usual we have been taken off task. I think it is fair to say that a good measure of satisfaction is the resignation rate? YOu may disagree with that assertion! Anyway, I believe about 40 or so pilots have left in the last 2 years....I mean 2005/06. (Obviously I am ignoring normal retirees!) So about 1+% per year! I have no numbers for departures this year but anecdotally I have heard it is higher than normal!

Generally, most departures are due to Cat D, ill health, wife - job, children's health etc etc issues. It is hard to pin down consistent causes.

If you ask me about CX, obviously I will tell you to come and work here. I am happy here and I have chosen to stay here. If you were to ask Hostile 23 he would tell you not to work here for his own reasons. What I find annoying is that, being a very left brained person, I can have my mind made up and still change my mind, if new evidence convinces me otherwise. Slander, vitriol, abuse in no way makes me reconsider my view, yet posters on PPRUNE seem to think they will make a break through using these techniques. There is no surer technique for closing a door than to yell abuse through it!

Personally I would like the views of the hostile 23's etc on PPRUNE to balance my optimistic view of life at CX...but I also really wish it didn't involve the vitriol, personal abuse etc. I accept that it must be hard for H23 to NOT be angry given the choice to leave takes incredible courage and goes against incredible peer pressure. So H23..contrary to your assertion about my being 'slighly condescending' a while ago, I wasn't! A valid position will bear any scrutiny...an invalid position will bear none.

H23, this is one of those situations where we are both right and wrong...I am not wrong in wanting to stay and you are not wrong in wanting to leave.

In complete non condescendingleyness;-) let potential new joiners know your reasons against joining CX without all the other stuff...not helpful. Accept the fact that some people can't take you saying that 'you should leave' as they are insecure. I will continue to tell people why I like it here, you continue to tell people why you are leaving.

Good luck in your future,
cheers