PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2007, 16:00
andrijander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anotherthing,
anybody may misinterpret anytime what's being said. Now I didn't this time. Maybe you have misinterpreted what's being said. I still think, after reading it four times, that I understand it pretty clearly. Perhaps, instead of implying that when it is not the case, you could actually read the posts and give it some thought before saying something like that.
If it happens in spain is bad...if it happens in UK let's give it some reasonable doubt. Double standards anybody? And hey, I'm not bashing but just saying all instances should be treated equally. I have so far.
Spanish is remarcable for the amount of double meaning you may get. Hell, half our humor is based on it. Speaking in silver, you didn't sell me the bike for the ones that may know of what I'm talking about. (Hablando en plata, no me has vendido la moto para los que sepan de que hablo). And we actually don't drop silver when we open our mouth and there's no real bike for sell or this would be called ebay.
I understand what radar said, no need to explain. Yes he was trying to give it some explanation, same as the spaniards have been trying to do with the incidents you (plural you) exposed. But this time it is not called "excuses" but "explanation". Gimme a break. You pick someone else for bullfighting next time, mate, I ain't biting it. (para entendidos).
Also remarcable how you mention so much that a7eca was actually listening the freq, and I quote :" had 100% spatial awareness... not that common in pilots when they have other things on their minds."; "however we now know that Airbatic was 100% fully up to speed with the traffic situation and all the calls that were happening at the time... no mean feat for a pilot who has other things to do, but very commendable."
I thought the whole point of 1 language was actually that pilot's may follow it. I understand from your words you only find it commendable to do that. What are you implying here? So far nobody has tried to even imply pilot's not listening/hearing -which also happens for many varied reasons-.
A.
PD: none of the spanish in this post is offensive, just a show of how double "mean" can spanish be.