PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European License in USA
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2007, 15:10
mroczny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European License in USA

Hallo,

this is my first post on this forum, so please apologize any mistakes.

I think about making my PPL in Florida, however I live in Germany and will be flying mostly in Europe, especially Germany and Poland. On the other hand, the training in Europe seems to be about 30% more expensive and it would be hard for me to complete it simultaneously to my job (surgeon). My actual flying experience is zero.

I have been looking through Internet to find information about different schools and modalities of training. It seems for me, that a school offering a JAA-PPL training in the States would be the best choice.

The OBA has a very appealing Internet information and their pack seems to offer most for the money. However, there should be very negative opinions about this place (I cannot find some threads at the forum). They are also not masters answering my mails...

Has anybody completed the European training there during the last 1-2 years? What was your total time /cost? Any recent reports from other schools offering this kind of training? Anybody with NOT-English-mother tongue absolving the training?

Looking forward to hear from you!