PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2007, 04:16
A310Capt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A310Capt

Maui is 100% accurate. I worked with PARC + FSB/Alteon from 2000 ~ 2005, then with CCL + Alteon till july of last year, both periods at KAL Flt Crew T.C. in ICN; CCL is 1000 times a better agency than PARC Aviation in every aspect, as far as I'm concerned, and I see Mr. Hitch as a very organized and corteous person. Never leaves you without a response and extremely supportive. CCL never delayed my payment even by half-a-day. Regarding commuting, though our contracts were very similar to the KAL's pilots and - along 6.5 yrs of commuting life (mine was a long one, as I live in Rio de Janeiro!!!) - I was seldom left without a (business class) seat. On the few times it happened - always due to force majeure reasons - KAL and/or Boeing Travel always took care of everything, either at once or later refunding any expenses incurred. KAL is one the most powerful and solid airlines I have ever seen and the training center resources are 1st class, including the Teledyne Debrief System for most fleets. I trained and checked many "generations" of their pilots and had very few problems working with them, though (1) language barrier is indeed a factor, sometimes more than in China and (2) one has to understand the "secluded culture" that used to exist in Korea. Once you get used to it and manage to gain their trust, it becomes a bit easier. Along those years, my point-of-view is that the airline has improved in many senses and the management heavily invests to improve the training, the infrastructure etc. The Hyatt is by far better hotel than the Ramada Songdo, where Alteon instructors stay while on 19-days rotation. Hope these informations help. Should anybody need any other feedback from the Training Center and/or preemployment processes, I will be pleased to send additional info. Good luck to everyone.