PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing drop recovery at the stall - killing an old myth.
Old 2nd Jun 2007, 00:38
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizofoz

You won’t get an argument from me about using that that technique with “Standard Spin Recovery” however I was talking about ”standard Stall Recovery” as that’s what the post is about. Probably in the post you refer I should have said “to stop it developing into a spin”.

jbr76

As Centaurus has said most Cessna/Piper singles the ailerons work perfectly OK right up to and during the stall as it is generally only the wing root that has exceeded the critical angle at the “stall”. Having said that though, using aileron can cause in a Cessna and will cause in some other aircraft an undesirable roll opposite to that requested resulting ultimately in a spin.

Cessna singles probably have the most benign stall characteristics of all the singles I have flown. It is true to say that trying to get a wing to drop can be difficult though apart from the obvious full flap and approach power you can get a wing to drop quite nicely in a full power climbing turn.