PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spirit of Adventure
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2007, 19:15
Wobbler Fang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supposition valid, its the show thats not!

Pontius,

I feel your supposition about the time and place of SoA is correct, but had little bearing on its failure.

My read of the crowd reaction was disappointment with the content, the feeling they had been at worst duped and at best misled. The lack of promised features and the parody of a movie left many confused and rather angry.

I think the ticket price was another factor, many were offended at paying for what, once they were inside, was little more than overpriced small recruitment fair with little of value for the average crowd.

The majority of people I spoke to there were convinced it was a major airshow from the advertising and the websites, and would be full of unusual and interesting features. Consequently they were rather disappointed with that aspect too.

Yes, its a new franchise, but a deeply flawed one, so deeply flawed I believe it would be better to completely re-think the show rather than continue.

I only have one question still, which is who on earth was it aimed at? I still cannot quantify that, not from the show itself, its location(s) nor its advertising!

More waste at this time of overstretch and undermanning simply cannot be justified. Front line first!