PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightsimming....
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2007, 16:23
high-hopes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daughter bought me a flying lesson for my birthday last year.During the flight the instructor asked how i enjoyed my flightsim, i asked how he knew that i used a flight simulator. He replied that i hadn't looked outside or taken my eyes off the instruments since he gave me the controls..
Yeah you'll get that a lot.

The thing is that after the second lesson you'll start to become a VFR pilot and you'll learn how to do it (if your instructor is competent enough).
They always like to give stick to the flightsimmers but 2 hour into your training you'll be well aware of whats real and what's a game.

On the other hand you'll save 200 quid of lessons on instrument flying (at PPL level) and VOR tracking when you realise that it's actually easier to do it in the real airplane than on microsoft !

PS you'll still need your minimum instrument flying requirements, but knowing how the gauges and knobs operate in advance will save you expensive time in the air

Last edited by high-hopes; 1st Jun 2007 at 17:54. Reason: instrument flight requirement added, anti-anorak warning