PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2007, 15:12
Airbatic7eca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I’ve never heard more nonsense in my life. I have to admit some things are true, but if you are dumb enough to think it doesn’t happen all around the world, you should take an IQ test and quit flying.

The only reason this post even came up is because most of you have never flown in Asia or South America.

I feel like writing a few horror stories I have witnessed while flying through the UK in just the last month. Three weeks ago (EGMC), I saw an airplane cleared to land while another airplane was taxing on the runway cleared to take off. The landing aircraft almost landed on top of the aircraft that was on the runway. The bad part is that the controller asked the airplane going around why he was executing a go-around. I think the controller just wasn’t paying attention. I guarantee you the pilots on the ground wet their pants. That’s the quality of ATC in the UK.

Spanish, French and Italian are ICAO languages, get used to it. If you are frustrated because you can’t understand what other pilots are saying, do what a lot of us do, take lessons in a foreign language.

TE RANGI:
You have a whole list of mistakes caused by Spanish ATC. You might fool a newbie, but most of those mistakes are your fault. ATC is not there to hold your hand and teach you how to fly. If they give you a 70 degree intercept and above the GS (Which I don’t believe), you ask them to correct it, they are also human. ATC is not there to reduce your workload, or to conserve your fuel. Deal with it.