PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways
Thread: Qatar Airways
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 03:40
aviduser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please be warned

I am seriously not making this stuff up. Sadly the Attitude of the Airline reflects the general attitude towards women in a Whabi Arab state.

The attitude towards their staff is so bad it really does begger belief. Women in an Arab country particularly Qatar the UAE and Saudi have little or no rights. The male attitude is women are there to be mothers to children thats it. After that you mean nothing to them. This translates into the backward attitude towards the staff.

Examples off the top of my head,

You want to be dropped off at the airport by your boyfriend, YOU ARE FIRED

Arrive back home after staying at your boyfriend's two hours before pick up YOU ARE FIRED

Wanna get married YOU ARE FIRED !!

Want someone to stay over nope they are out at 10pm or guess what YOU ARE FIRED.

Yes that's right thinking of getting married, forget it you are fired. Why because the Airline being full of backwards Arabs think you will automatically get pregnant. Stupid really because there are NO benefits for maternity. NONE.

You can do so many little things and get fired ON THE SPOT. No arguing you are out. Remember you have NO rights in Doha, there are no unions. You are on your own here you are their slave and if you don't like it you are......well you can guess.

Qatar Airlines is suitable for girls from very poor backgrounds who otherwise would have come to Qatar or the Middle East to be maids. Compared to that dreadful lifestyle the Airline is a paradise.

Seriously though any one from Western Europe if Qatar Airlines is your last choice or a choice because someone else turned you down or you think you can gain experience. DON'T. My advice before you take that awful turn is to find another career, don't do it to yourself. You WILL regret it.