PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways
Thread: Qatar Airways
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2007, 19:00
QRCC2B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not that bad according to what some people have written on the board! They do say it's very stricht with many regulations, but yet bearable because otherwise they never would have stayed that long (a few of them are not bonded nor supporting their families. They could as well go home and get a new job with no difficulties).

And, in my home country it's nearly impossible to get a flying job if you haven't got any flying experience. Previous experience will shorten down the training and that saves the airlines a lot of money. For instance, two airlines in my country are recruiting at the moment (around 50 positions), both requiring previous experience. Another airline recruited a couple of weeks ago, previous experience also required. Perhaps it's different in the UK and other countries but not where I come from.

That's what I meant with getting the experience if I had gone to join QR. And they are very selective and I don't think they selected me because they needed me. In my interview, they eliminated around 30 people after the first round, leaving more or less 20 left to do the personal interview (even less were actually offered the job). This was the afternoon session and I heard they eliminated about the same from the morning session!

Not critising you either and I appreciate your comments!