PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where can flying get the cheapest?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2007, 13:17
pumper_bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have this one in my favourites! http://www.aeroklub-ba.sk/ RMAC has a big Cessna twin at Stefanik and was interested in people coming over to fly. Gcolyer, you just go in and do a check ride and off you go on your UK licence. Remember, two out of three must match, licence, airspace, reg! So unless you want to go over their FIR, your ok. But if you do want to i dont think its a big deal anyway, just something i haven't got around to doing yet. I will be gong back in a couple of weeks when the cheap seats on O'Leary airways come up again! One little point that might wet your appetite! When talking of an hours flying, what measurement are we using? Hobbs?(Rip off) Tacho?, Block to block? Brakes off/on?
None of them!! Get this, you start up, a walther engine too, grumbles to life and sounds like a real big engine, none of your flat four ohc tractor engines here So you start up, warm up, taxi out to the runway and you haven't even started the clock yet As you line up and take full throttle you hit the stop watch on the panel, when the wheeels touch down you hit the stop watch again, and thats what for you pay for @ £30 odd per hour!