PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAL av school
Thread: PAL av school
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2007, 13:07
bluecrush198

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
an2ni,

dude, we are all adults here in this forum. and its a free world... try to read the forum rules alright?

kurimaw,

PAL accepts A/C mech OJTs but i don't think they will let you come close to an aircraft because all A/C maintenance of the PAL fleet from S-1s to D-Checks are being handled by LTP. I have a batch mate who worked for PAL as a trainee but all he did was line support vehicle maintenance. If you are a graduate of a 2yr ATC course, you need at least 2yrs work experience before you get your ATO A&P licence. ATO will allow you to take the A&P exams but they will not release your actual licence until you give them proof of your 2yr experience as a proby/junior mech. I am currently taking the A&P exams and had a chance to talk to a few ATC graduates and informed me about this.

Honestly, I don't think MPL is a good solution for the pilot shortage problem. but hey, we haven't seen the outcome of their training program. for me, students who are currently training for the MPL w/out sponsorship gambled their time and money, but if your 50% financed by an airline then why not hehe!