PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2007, 08:40
1stClass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"You will be expected to know where things are and how to do the service, simple as that! LISTEN during training and run things over in your head. Learn where each galley on each aircraft has things stowed because unfortunately "I AM NEW" wont be an acceptable excuse to some crew"

I do understand the point you are trying to make and agree that in training you do learn a great deal but surely the crew ARE understanding to the fact 'you are new' as they were once. When you first get online no amount of training will make you cabin crew straight away as this is something that comes with being online and by gaining hands on experience. After the supernumery the nerves really set in as your out on your own. I hope crew are understanding to this and don't expect you to go flying round the cabin as if you've been there 10 years.

Mind you maybe BA go into greater detail about where things are in the galleys and service training as my last airline was like - sep, first aid, there's your wings now get out and serve. It was horrible as I didn't have a clue what I was doing and just had to learn online with the crew (poor them). So maybe this time I will go out online with the knowledge to do a service. Anyway, my point being I hope the crew are understanding towards 'new crew'.