PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - perth qantas engineering
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2007, 00:35
Hardworker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel 12 Hr roster

The original intention of the 12 hr roster in Perth wasnt to make more $$$ for engineering staff, the basis of it was flexibility and with it costed out against having an 8 or 9.5 hr roster.
The benefits were;
1.High utilisation of exsiting staff licence coverage
2.Better manpower management to cope with training
3.Having a 2 shifts on and 2 shift off - gave you a pool of people available to cover any customer or own major avoinic/mechanical problem AOG
4.Flexibility on relief posting positions due to available staff
5.Greater ease in aquitting outstanding leave requirements
6.Coverage of both International & Domestic operations with flexible workforce and better coverage for network flight times
7.Noticeable less sick leave
8.Less human factor maintenance errors

The were weighted up against the old 8 hr roster and the 9.5 hour roster, which proved to have areas of deficiencies....No leave - high sick leave - poor coverage - excessive overtime to meet operational requirements
All this seems to have gone by the way side now...
Management dont really have any interest in the well being of their staff, they see them not as an asset but a liability that requires to be exploted to the maximum and the fry them when their are errors....

I wonder if the sick leave has increased on the 8 hr roster as compared to the 12 hr?

I wonder if leave is being aquitted like it was on the 12hr?

None of these issues seem to be highlighted by management....

10.9 hour roster in Sydney International? It isnt working - now they are trying to look at a 9.5 hr roster. - try and sell that to SIT, dont think thats going to work....and how will Mr MH look when he has told all the ports that the 10.9 is the ideal roster and its working in SIT (which does have a curfew)
Well looks like everyone will be going back to an 8 hr roster
All I can say is good on you to all my mates in the West....

Last edited by Hardworker; 1st Jun 2007 at 00:36. Reason: spelling mistakes!