View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 23:39
HAL9000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back again

Gents,

Found this:

http://www.iqpc.co.uk/binary-data/IQPC_CONFEVENT/pdf_file/8430.pdf

(NB. This conference took place in Nov 2005 ) Mr Peter Dymond took it upon himself to talk about the 'Development of UK SAR Capability'.

Given my experience of Acquisition (Procurement) I really am not happy with what I am uncovering with regard to SAR-H. I have seen the military screw*d over far too many times by sm*rt ars* civilian operators, and I speak as head of a civilian company, to let this rest. As I am sure that EU competition rules have been broken I have written to my MP and MEP. For those of you that are interested, you might wish to note the following:

The task of tracking down and punishing those in breach of competition law has been entrusted to the European Commission, which receives its powers under Article 85 EC. These grant extensive investigative powers including the notorious power to carry out dawn raids on the premises of suspected undertakings and private homes and vehicles. Any undertaking found in breach of Article 81 or 82 EC, may receive a fine pursuant to Article 15(2) of Regulation 17/62 and Article 65(5) EC. These fines are not fixed and can extend into millions of Euros, up to a maximum of 10% of turnover.

I will let you know as, and when, I get a response.

Hal