PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 31st May 2007, 20:03
picu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crinklstein seems to be a very happy chappy at EK, which is all fine and dandy, however this should not be at the cost of imprecise information.
F/O s upgrading on the Airbus are NOW 4 years since joining. Since we currently have just over 100 aircraft and the "final tally" is around 160 (subject to change of course, like everything else in the sandpit...), at a guess, I would imagine someone joining EK now as a F/O would require in excess of about 8 years to upgrade, after normal retirement, loss of medical, resignation rates etc.

I don't wish to shoot down your high hopes - and before anyone gets me wrong, I like it here - but it would be unfair to join EK with a misconception such as the above.

Picu

P.S. The millenium towers does not have balconies and all the windows are sealed (NO you CANNOT open any windows). Having said that, there may be an option to opt for other apartment blocks should you wish, although this is not guaranteed.