PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Profit Margins On Aircraft Training/ Solo hire rates?
Old 31st May 2007, 19:30
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i looked at the club accounts and I can tell you that the profit was nil
Out of interest, how closely did you look at the accounts?

The school I used to work for (and I should point out I have no problem with them, they were, and I assume still are, an excellent school in every respect) made around £5/year profit every single year.

I never got to have a close look at the accounts, but to consistently make £5/year profit (never £50, and never a loss), I always wondered if there was some cooking of the books going on. The way I suspect this might have been arranged was by altering the maintenance costs. Since the maintenance company and the school were both owned by the same umbrella company, the amount the maintenance company charged the school for maintaining its fleet could be set at whatever the management wanted, without affecting the amount of money the boss (owner of the umbrella company) took home.

Just to stress, I have absolutely no proof of this, and I don't intend it to be read as an allegation. I'm just curious how closely you examined your school's books, and I give my thoughts as an example of what might be going on.

FFF
------------------