PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 17:38
speedmarque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS and all trainees.

Firstly, congratulations and welcome to BA, a true winning team!

Remember though you are not guaranteed to fly YET! Dont wanna bring you down but cannot stress enough how important it is to pay attention on your course and not be cocky until you are on your first flight! Training is TOUGH and some people who, on paper, are perfect, do not make it through! Stay focused and you wll be fine. Good luck.

Here is some info i hope will be of help to those on training.

Rosters come out on the 20th/21st each month for the following month ie 21st Aug for Sept 1-30th. You will be the same as anyone else and your rosters will appear on crewlink for you to check. Make sure you are registered on crewlink ASAP or you will not be able to bid, view rosters, do leave, or anything.....ask your trainers.

You will do 1 supernumerary flight where you will be coached through by your fellow crew and CSD/PSR. This is usually a "band 4" longer flight such as Moscow/Kiev/Athens but after that you are very much by yourselves!

The next flight you do may be a MAN which is about 30 mins! You will be expected to know where things are and how to do the service, simple as that! LISTEN during training and run things over in your head. Learn where each galley on each aircraft has things stowed because unfortunately "I AM NEW" wont be an acceptable excuse to some crew and because of the nature of the short flights you WILL be expected to HIT THE GROUND RUNNING!

Not trying to scare you but please make use of all the time you get in the cabin trainer doing services. That is the only practise you are gonna get!

Another thing, as soon as you get your IDs get yourself over to the Compass Centre (crew report centre or "COMPASS"). This is your new home until we move to T5 in March and although you will get a visit on your course I cant stress enough how important it is to know and feel at home here before you fly. Spend lots of time here so you know where things are and it makes you feel far less new on the day of your first flight!

With regards to bidding for your flights, your trainers will do a session on this but that is far into the course and too late for your first roster. They may discourage this but as soon as you can, get to compass and grab the nearest friendly crew to show you how to do it! Otherwise you will get all the Cr@p in your first month and little good stuff!

Enjoy your course, you will make many friends (and the odd enemy!). I cant tell you what a great job it is and after 15 years in the job I never get bored!

See you "upstairs"!