PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737-800 Flap speeds
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 15:26
Ashling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emergencies are very different from ops normal. What I will say is that things will need to be getting rather extreme before you'll find me busting airframe limits. One thing is for sure, if it gets to that point you will be justifying your actions to people who will pore over the detail second by second and in minute detail. If its me and something like that has happened I'd just be glad to be alive.

ERJFO if your company does not publish the advice then I would suggest you use common sense. Push the limits plane breaks sooner, fly conservatively plane lasts longer. Simple stuff. On the other hand if you disagree why don't you drive YOUR car continuously at max revs, slam the brakes, power slide round corners etc being carefull to keep just inside the manufacturers limits. Of course that would be dum though wouldn't it as it would cost YOU money and most probably penalty points or your license. Treat your companies aircraft poorly and it will cost them money and by default you as well. To operate to the limits against common sense to me smacks of a certain degree of stubborness.

If your still struggling write to your manufacturer and ask their advice.

Last edited by Ashling; 31st May 2007 at 15:40.