PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightsimming....
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 14:04
born2fly_au

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It all depend on your computer specs. you need a high end computer for flightsim to run smoothly. The specs on the box are only minimums and it will not run at it's best. Checkout a few forums for more advice such as www.avsim.com www.simviation.com www.flightsim.com and if you are into helicopters i would highly recommend www.hovercontrol.com

I have been flightsimming now for many years and would recommend Microsoft's flightsim 2004 & also their latest version FSX. They are a great fun to fly and are close to the real thing but of course cannot compare to the sensation of the real thing but they are the next best thing.

There are also a wide range of add-ons such as aircraft, scenery & real weather generation as well as being able to fly online with other users. Along with a lot of add-on software you can also add hardware such as rudder pedals, a Flight yolk. It all depends on how much you enjoy it and how deep you wallet is. I have a basic system on todays standard with a joystick and have hours of fun. It is up to you as to what you make of it.

If you want true flight realism as far as aircraft dynamics goes i would suggest giving X-Plane a try. you can download a demo copy at www.x-plane.com The scenery is not up to the standard of Microsoft's flightsim but i think the aircraft are more realistic to fly. There is also a version of X-Plane certified by the FAA.

To me flightsimming is some of the best fun you can have with your pants on. Hope you enjoy the experience.
Born2fly

Last edited by born2fly_au; 31st May 2007 at 14:37.