PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI stuff up BMED Pay
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 11:53
Orvil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,
This just doesn't surprise me at all. I left last millenium and this happened twice - no pay - not even a penny!
It took two weeks of "strike" action to get an advance! I was overseas base at the time and they sent a YTS (no joke it was his last day too) with a big envelope of Sterling pounds! We had to change the money ourselves at our cost.
We also had to DEMAND an appology!
For those of you that are moving to pastures new. Keep all the flight details (chocks off to chocks on - ask the FO) including any duty free details.
They will screw you on you last pay, that's a guarentee.
BMI are ******* for that especially for the CC.
It an absolute disgrace that such a "blue chip" company cannot organise pay for it's staff but then again if you phone payroll you'll discover it's done by a semi-retired part-time Lady (she's lovely though). Does make you think overtime who actually bank rolls the company - you'll find out that it's actually the CC!! - by not paying them!
Makes RyanAir somewhat charitable.
Yes, I am bitter and twisted but at least I'm FREE!!!!

P.S I wouldn't bother with CC89 as their response was "Hangin' there - it'll be alright mentality" that was from the Top. The whole base joined the foreign union! Their members got compensation too!