PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Crew Suicide
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 08:28
Sgnr de L'Atlantique

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently Mr Kofi Anan himself has condemned recently the slavery in the so called developped middle eastern countries.

He said the UN was going to start a large investigation of the ongoing abuse of human beings and their basic human rights, all covered up under a blanket of greed and relegion in this region!
The number of rapes is on a steep incline overhere, burglaries happen more and more often...

On the other side, people have no rights whatsoever when they have to face their wealthy and powerfull employers.

The big business nowadays is the trafficking of Indian labourers. Officially, the governement does not allow any Indian Labourer in the country anymore. So some of the big sheikhs bring them in on a tourist visum ( via via via) , hide them away in some obscure labour camp in the desert and then SELL them for about 50000QR/piece ( wording chosen intentionally) to whoever needs cheap labour!!!

I know this is a little bit of topic....And than again it is not!

I am sure this poor girl has been driven into total dispair by someone...and that someone could very well be the company she worked for...

Sad, very sad, for a country that claims to have the highest net income/head in the whole world!

As someone said in a different forum: I would not want to be around when the future generations of Gulf Nationals will realise the dammage the current generations have done! Their greed and total lack of scrupules will have forever changed the view the entire world has of the Arab world! What a waste...and all that for some extra Riyals/Dirhams/whatever...