PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew rations
Thread: Aircrew rations
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 08:01
SaddamsLoveChild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would appear that many have missed the point here and turned it into a you and us thread. Surely it is not too much for HM forces to expect that people turn in for work properly fed and watered, if they are to fly over a meal time then it is provisioned for properly and when they return, they go home and get the food that their wages provide for them. All the tosh about duty of care is irrelevant outside of the normal meal time flying. If you are on a long trail or going on ops then of course you should be provisioned.

But mincing around the UK for a couple of hours should not allow rations to be claimed in lieu, put in T bars and used whilst watching cricket/wimbledon in the crewroom. It happens, I have seen it and I have done it but it doesnt mean its right. If the crews are provisioned to fly and dont have time to eat it, or dont want to and the ground crew take it off at the end of the trip then so what. However when 20 odd curries/bombay potatoes come off an E3D and are immediately taken home by crews then that is where the waste is and it is this I believe that the consideration is being directed at.

In summary what appears to be on the table is - Ration for the flight, no more and no less. What is all the fuss about, at least then, possibly the Nimrod IPT would not be having to spend millions re-designing the Nimrod crew seats for the increades airworthiness requirements of overweight rearcrew.