PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 'worst international airline'
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2007, 00:51
speeeedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not cabin crew but in my observations from the pointy end I would say that this post earlier from airdoris sums it up perfectly:

My point here is to defend the cabin crew, I don't get involved in the other issues. Four cabin crew on a full international B767 flight in economy, 204 demanding pax is just asking for complaints. Although the service is achievable, hey we all do it, it is definately at the detriment to the pax. Who ever designed the inflight service to this crew compliment should try and do it a few times. It is impossible without pax complaints, and I don't blame the pax for whinging. We are just not available. God help us if we have a medical emergency or something of the like which will result in a crew member attending to that. The B767 needs another crew member in economy. Some may say that the CSM should come down to assist, how can they when they have to appololgise to 25 business class pax that we are out of stock of wine and all we can offer is Y class wine in little bottles. No stock in port. This is totally unacceptable and embarassing and it happens on a regular basis.
The food in both classes is basic at most and I continually find myself appologising. I write reports about all this but it seems to never be actioned. No wonder the crew are disconcerted, we are supposed to provide a product which is promoted but sadly doesn't even exist. I know there are great crew, we just dont have the product to provide, therefore we are in a case of having to say sorry constantly. We don't have a product even close to our competitors, and I think QF should look at that.