PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRI and microlights - escape CPL?
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 22:19
Pjbracer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NPPLM to full Jaa PPL

Hi guys bit late in on this one but I am trying to get as much info as I can, Im after my PPL with a view to becoming and instructor later on and CPL to possibly move abroad and retire with a nice little flying number in the sun with little pay!

My local school have said the best route for me is NPPLM and then get some experience as a pilot and not just a license holder and then move up to the NPPLA and possibly on to PPL and further as he said that unless your pockets are deep GA is becoming difficult at main airports and it is cheaper gaining the experience and then uptrade, there is no point in paying the cash for a 4 seater PIPER or the likes until you need it.

I would appreciate your views on this as to if this is a good option, I wanna get in the air as soon as I can(used to fly with the old man in AA5 and Tobago 90 but he doesnt fly anymore due to cost etc.... and possibly being more tight in his old age)

Cheers appreciate the advice I know there is a stigma about microlights but if it is a good way to start without blowing too much cash then it will make her indoors a bit happier!

Cheers guys

Paul