PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to from here?
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 16:45
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Capnmakka,

Despite what you may have found at CTC, the job market is tough (and don't forget that the guys/girls going back to JAA land have had to jump through a shed-load of hoops to be in their position).
First things first.......what do you want out of aviation, and if its just to fly big shiny jets, well then son, you need a plan.
This plan needs to consist of small bite size pieces, like..where am I gonna get the next 500hrs from?
Do I want to go outside my comfort zone?
Am I prepared to make some sacrifices?

Once you have figured this out, then you need to do the research, and I mean making a real pain of yourself, generally being the squeaky hinge...then and only then will you figure out the best course of action for yourself.

Next you need to identify the steps you need to take to facilitate this course of action...ie head off to Oz, Africa, PNG, do a "c" cat, hang around at an aeroclub/parachute school......

Lastly, and most importantly..you need commitment, and I mean REAL commitement...because if you are committed, you have time and age on your side.
There are however no easy answers here, only you can find out the correct path to follow...your shiny new CPL is just the start.