PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew rations
Thread: Aircrew rations
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 15:25
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just before the mods put this to bed, may I offer my own final contribution.

This thread originated about the possible loss of aircrew in-flight rations. A decision which, for all the reasons that have been repeatedly pointed out here, will not happen IMHO.

Sadly, a couple of the groundcrew saw it as an opportunity to take a swipe at the aircrew, by continuously asking them to 'justify' why they get rationned for free during flight, despite reasons that were more than forthcoming from a miriad of posters, none moreso than those posted by SFFP. He elequently explains the reasoning behind rationing, and I fail to see why the likes of toddbabe cannot understand what he points out to her in very simple English.

Likewise, I cannot understand why the groundcrew element here feel it is a good thing that aircrew rations cease. As others have explained, whenever you have flown in one of HM aircraft, you will have been fed and watered, without any charge whatsoever. Did you think that was fair? or did you refuse the food offered to you and pull out your own box of goodies?

Nevertheless, I have very little doubt that this withdrawl of rations will happen. As far as the civilian world is concerned, this is a massive flight safety issue, and I cannot believe that even todays RAF will allow aircrew to go flying without the required sustinance to sustain safe flight ops. If they do, then they pose a serious risk.

To TSM, I understand your frustration with the groundcrew on some of their remarks, and their inability to grasp the points you make my dear chap, but I hope that your threat to 'grass them up' was just a bit of aircrew 'bravado' and nothing too serious. We all need to get on together, and you obviously have a valid point when it comes to the 'illegal' removal of rations, but involving the RAFP will open the biggest can of worms the service has ever seen, I would suggest.

Finally, one last word for the groundcrew:
There is another thread on here about the loss of free food for those attending courses etc. and it is without doubt an utter disgrace and should be reversed immediately. However, I doubt it will. If the aircrew were to come onto that forum, shouting with joy and repeatedly arguing for you guys to justify free food when you are on courses, then you would be mighty pi$$ed off. Perhaps then, you will see why the attitude of some of you has clearly had an adverse effect on us mere aircrew??

The Winco