PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 13:10
bulkyhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMed/BMI

I just thought I would add to this thread, as Im getting pretty sick of hearing so much bad press and company bashing about BMI from BMed crew.

Can we just stop for a minute and alow the people out there who are new to this industry and look to this site for valuble career information, and company insight, the chance to hear the neutral and positive comments that there are to any company. Ive been in this industry for over 12 years now, and yes we all know that no airline is the perfect airline, and yes we know that its probably the most unstable industry to be in, theres mergers happening all the time and airlines going under, and how so many of you aspire to work for the "Golden" UK airline, which itself isnt without unhappy crew and unfair working practices !

Ive been at BMed now for over 3.5yrs and I have to say firstly (flying panther) alot of people are NOT unhappy and are in fact looking forward to what will happen in Oct, we should all be thankful that we are still in jobs, and not cashing in our giros ! or searching for the next airline to join and then moan about how lucky we had it at BMed, I can only speculate as much as the next person about the future of the company and im not here to defend Bmed, and the areas of the business for the decisions it has made over the past year or two which have put us into the position we now find ourselves in, from being on the frontline we all know what needed to be done and where the company were failing, to possibly avert our current state !

But the reality is, its happened, if people now find that BMed/BMI is not the company for them any more then thats fine, move on and make room for the next person, but keep your opinons to yourself, im getting tired of coming into work and hearing constant negative rumours (which is all they are) from people who think they have the upper hand on
higher managements plans for us. And people saying "Ive heard at BMI this" and "BMI that....." OK, I accept that ex BMI crew may not want to go back to work for them, people have their reasons, and I know of some who are happy to, but in all fairness this could work out for the better, look at all the mergers that have happened which have made companies better than previously, Sabre when it merged to become Excel, Air France and KLM, My Travel and Thomas Cook, Caledionian and Flying Colours to become JMC now Thomas Cook, Air2000 and Leisure International to become First Choice need I go on.......

Its interesting times, many of us intend to stay and see what BMI brings, I know its unsettling not knowing our future direction, but from all the press reports and the few company updates lets just hope that, you synics are all left wishing you had stayed !!

Read On........................

In March 2007, BMI announced it intends to reveal details of new services from Heathrow to the USA, taking advantage of the end of Bermuda II restriction of services from that airport to the USA brought about by the EU-US open-skies pact due to start on 31 March 2008.[6]
In April 2007, it was reported by CNN that BMI and United Airlines were in talks about forming a possible alliance for transatlantic flights once the EU-US open skies pact comes into effect on 31 March 2008.[7]