PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR privatisation
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 08:00
HAL9000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmmmm

Well, well, well, look what I have found. Follow this link http://www.aerosociety.com/conference/PDFs/553.pdf

if you want to know about the future of Public Service Helicopters. Here is an extract from the first day's programme:

The Future for
Public Service Helicopters:
2007 TO 2016
Tuesday 26th - Wednesday 27th June 2007
No.4 Hamilton Place, London W1J 7BQ, UK

Day One: Tuesday 26th June 2007

09.40 Keynote Address:

Today and Tomorrow - Helicopters in Civil Resilience

John Astbury CBE, Recently Retired Chief Executive, Maritime & Coastguard Agency

SESSION 1: SEARCH AND RESCUE

10.10 The Way Forward for UK SAR

Peter Dymond, Chief Coastguard, Maritime & Coastguard Agency

11.10 The Introduction of New Technology Helicopters & Equipment to UK Civil Search & Rescue

Capt Steve Duffy, Operations Manager, CHC/Thales Search & Rescue Helicopter Bid Team, CHC

11.40 The UK SAR Force: Managing the operational interface between Military & civil operations

Gp Capt Steve Garden, Station Commander, Royal Air Force St Mawgan

There is our old friend, giving the Keynote Address no less, and there is another senior MCA man telling us what the way forward is going to be. Slightly more concerning is the next speaker up, how convenient that he just happens to want a slice of the SAR-H pie and is rubbing shoulders with those able to influence the SAR-H programme. As a token gesture, the commander of 50% of the UK's total SAR effort gets to talk just before lunch to an audience that will already have been given the hard sell.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to suggest for a moment that anything untoward is going on here.

It just gets even more interesting.

Regards,

HAL