PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ueberlingen collision Trial started
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 07:35
kontrolor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kontrolor, it is obvious that you are making statements without being fully aware of what happened that night. Before making any more irritatingly silly comments why don't you try and acquaint yourself with ALL the FACTS that led to this terrible tragedy!
I'm fully aware of ALL the events that night, even those which were not publicized. All I said, and this may not be fair to P.N. who paid the ultimate price (as the passangers did) in long chain of events. but he was PART of that chain. And all I said was that 7 minutes difference in estimates on crossing tracks, even in the night shift IS JUST NOT ENOUGH to feel comfortable and even to leave sector. And I also said, that in my country this wouldn't have happened, because the working culture. We wouldn't have accepted such arrangements as Skyguide has imposed upon his workers. In Switzerland one keeps his/her mouth shut and does nothing I suppose. Our sector is far less buisy as Zurich one, but we are NEVER less than 4 on night duty. NEVER! Regardles of how I feel about P.N. as colegue, he cleared both planes to FL360 on crossing tracks and then left the sector! It is obviously that the culture "I have to do all that it is expected of me" has a lot to do with this tragedy. And please, never again accuse me of not being aware of what was going on there. You might visit one of IFATCA onferences and got briefed by Zurich controllers in person.