PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton's Expansion Plans
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2001, 13:53
PAXboy

Arrow

LTN is my local, depending on direction and the seat I am in - I often see my home on departure/arrival and I have been using it for a dozen years or more.

EZY: A great development and I use them frequently for business and leisure. However, whilst LTN needs them, they should not get too cocky for the simple reason that they cannot move!

Go to STN and enter 100% competition with Go + Buzz? I doubt it. EDI/LGW and be at the mercy of BAA? I doubt it.

Transport has improved a lot but the single access road (as opposed to the two that we had) was big mistake. All the usual examples of short sighted planning abound.

The new check in hall is a cow shed and such an effective Faraday cage that few mobile phones work. If you are in a queue for the best part of 45 mins in working hours, this is not funny.

The eastern extension to the taxi way fell short of making it to the Easterly threshold by only a short distance.

The disparate heights of the two aprons is a colossal failure.

I have a long list of 'niggles' that pax experience but I will not trouble you with them. I have already been in correspondence with the management. But I suspect that the helpful person who wrote back may not have their job anymore!

As with any facility that you use regularly, learn the pathways and dodge those newcomers who are still staring around trying to figure it out.

------------------
A window seat on the sunny side of the aircraft, please!