PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 'worst international airline'
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 01:16
YesTAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a survey at my "local" which mainly consists of retired or semi retired or senior business folk, Qantas always gets noted as the airline they least want to travel with, domestic and international.

These are seasoned travellers, and almost all of them will travel to Europe or America at least once a year. This is the first year, by the way, when I am not going overseas. A lot go to Europe or the UK for two to three months each summer, barges in French canals, yacht charter in Turkey or the Adriatic, that sort of thing.

The general perception is old aircraft, full aircraft all the time, disengaged staff (not actually arrogant, just bored ****less), always having to fly via Sydney and end up in Heathrow and in general expensive. Doesn't seem to matter if its economy or business, the opinion is the same. It's that bored and slightly annoyed look you get when you go to the galley and ask for a glass of water at about 3.00am that does it for me.

Preferred carriers are Emirates, Singapore and Thai. My brother has decided that when he leaves for his three months in Venice, he is travelling Thai and overnighting in Bangkok then on to Zurich(I think) from whence I'm not sure if its car train or local flight. That gives him two reasonable length flights compared to refuelling in Changi and on to London.