PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ueberlingen collision Trial started
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 00:36
6000PIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The management of Skyguide , in my opinion are guity of negligence plain and simple. If they want to pass the blame on to the deceased controller , it speaks volumes regarding a lack of professionalism and accountability in the MANAGEMENT of the hardware , liveware and software at their facility - no wonder this accident happened with a corporate attitude such as this...
Still with this accident , it suprises me that the issue of the logo lights on the 757 as being MEL`d wasn`t mentioned. As you can see from the report , the 154 basically took the ( dark ) tail off the 757 , which when recreated for television , erroneously showed a brightly lit tail. Perhaps a brightly lit tail at night might be a good idea , in the meantime contrary to my company sop`s , I keep my logo lights on above FL 100 , see and bee seen as a last resort ??
I hope nobody goes to jail , these`s been enough pain and suffering already , an acknowledgement of guilt and accountability would suffice for me , and a big financial settlement for all the families of the deceased would be just.