PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 6
Thread: LUTON - 6
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2007, 21:24
Buster the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

compton3bravo, you plainly are out of touch with reality? With the current concession arrangement, there is more chance of the airport being redeveloped into a low cost housing site for the Olympics, than wholesale massive expansion and I say this with no malice toward the airport. Folk who know me realise that I have Luton JetA1 running through my veins.

Whilst the incumbent Borough Council insist that they will not negotiate a sizable extension to the current concession period, only a mug would plough mega £millions into Luton as there is no chance of making a 'good return' on their investment over a short period of time.

Sadly, by the time Luton comes out of 'care and maintenance' the opposition will have absorbed even more.

Look up the M1, do you seriously think East Midlands would be considered the largest non Stansted UK base for a Ryan airline if it was not for the procrastination by the local politicians.

The only thing the local council are interested in, is selling off the costumes created for the washed out Carnival, and spending the £1.40 concession fee levied on both arriving a departing passengers.

Abertis have to maximise profits, so are unwilling to subsidise loss leaders which would mean capital infrastructure investment. Millions of 'additional' passengers may not equate to maximum profit.