PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying pay
Thread: Flying pay
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2007, 17:39
ZH875

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Truckkie
but this, and the aircrew ration thread, have made me realise how little respect the vast majority of non-aircrew types actually have for the flying branches.

Aircrew get free rations when flying - deal with it.
Aircrew get flying pay, per day - deal with it.

Just grow up and stop bleating - or if you can't then just f**k off and stop dragging this once-proud service through the mud.
Well, having read this load of , I think that Trukkie has it the wrong way round.

I think it should read: "have made me realise how little respect the vast majority of aircrew types actually have for the non-flying branches."

It is a good job we will be 800 front line pilots short by 2012, as we haven't enough aircraft for them to fly in, and we cannot afford their free food etc etc.

Maybe, in 2012, aircrew will earn their flying pay (or be selected for PAS), for actually flying, lets take all those desk bound pilots and strap their backside to a Martin Baker in an aeroplane (Or just a seat in the imaginary A400M), and fill their empty desks with Engineers.

We may even get better specified aircraft for the very cleverer did lots betterer at skool, and well balanced (chip on both budgie wings) type chaps & chappesses to fly around the sky in.

Hand grenade lobbed, and I am running as fast as my legs will carry me.