PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vmcg on high altitude airstrips
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2007, 12:53
Old Smokey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaguar Pilot,

I feel a bit guilty for 'nit picking' on your good response, if one adopts the principal of keeping the replys simple (as you did, and I often do), along come some pedant (me in this case) to say "but have you considered such and such" Sorry if I seemed to come from that direction.

The problem is this, it appears that the original poster may be studying for Performance 'A' or such like, that is the assumption, but then again he/she may be studying Aeronautical / Performance Engineering where a more complete understanding is required. It's impossible to tell unless the original poster is specific, and then again, other people who may be seeking a more complete understanding also read the threads.

As a person who is GUILTY of preparing examination papers for both ATPL and Aeronautical Engineering, I do agonise over all of the possible considerations that must go into a set of multiple choice answers. It seems that this is not always the case in the examining fraternity, the trend seems to be to ask, and expect a response for a generic general principals aircraft. A pox on them!

Sorry, rant over, that assuages my conscience for nit picking a well put together response from you.

Regards,

Old Smokey