PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ghurka Rifleman PUN VC. Triumph! (Merged)
Old 29th May 2007, 11:35
CaptainFillosan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily Mail today.

It is good to see that Lord Ashcroft that doyen of the Victoria Cross, he owns over 150 of them! Has joined in the "despicable decision" to keep Mr Pun from coming to the UK. He has the clout and you can be sure he will use it.

Also, it was alleged in a newspaper over the weekend that "an officer" visited Mr Pun a good few years ago with a firm request to hand over his VC "for safekeeping" which was then placed in a museum in Hong Kong for a while. He was paid £500 for it!

It is now believed to be in the Gurkha museum in Winchester, the one whose curator is alleged to have refused to allow Mr Pun to wear it before he dies.

That medal must be worth over £1m now and the paltry amount given was nothing more than theft in my view. Just think what Mr Pun could do with half of that sum!

I have written to the curator, my MP, Mr Liam Byrne and others.

This disgrace must be bought to an end immediately and an aircraft dispatched to Nepal to bring back this illustrious person and thus stop us all thinking that the spongers from the eastern European countries (and others) get their 'rights' while Mr Pun cannot get his.

His LINKS to this country are unbreakable and the prats who made the stupid decision to decline his wish to receive medical attention here should be summarily dismissed.