PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 'worst international airline'
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2007, 10:23
Twitter n Bisted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worst Airline or Worst Equipment (aircraft)
I have recently done a fair bit international travel plus OZ domestic and hopping around the EU. Most of this travel was not staff travel
Unfortunately my travel was in economy but it did give me much to compare as I found most of the service in Y class very similar (except for a QF 5 which was appalling)
What I did find is if you have to be couped up in Y class for up to 14hours give me a Boeing 777 3, 3, 3, config any day over the 747.
777 had same IFE issues as QF 747 and food similar and same lack of beer service, and this included airlines such as BA AF SQ etc etc
I found that if i wasn't elbow wrestling with the person beside me and i was comfortable I didn't give a rats about the service but the exact opposite happened when I wasn't.
The same thing is true when flying SYD - PER in 737 is more than irritating on a longish sector, leg room for legless midgets only. (my apologies to legless midgets reading this) The A330 did not feel as claustrophobic.
If you fly around Asia, Jet* has a tighter seat pitch than Tiger, Jet* advertise the comfort of leather but who wants to feel leather on the front of your shins from the seat in front.
I don't want to sound precious but if people are ****ty they will judge you harshly, the 777 came into service years ago and QF decided not to purchase when ALL of its competitors have.
The 777 is the punters favourite aircraft of choice, Our (QF) upper management may blame QF cabin crew for all the in-flight problems but you can't polish a turd as over half of the QF 744 fleet are only a few years off scrapping IE > 65,000 hours
(no I am not CC )