PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quick info on London Heli-lanes
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2007, 09:14
Bravo73

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by perfrej
I am currently in Stoke Poges, 5 nm S Denham airport.
Just had a quick look at the helilanes chart, and '5nm S Denham airport' puts you just north of Heathrow! According to the chart, Stoke Poges is actually 3nm SW of Denham. (Quite an important distinction).

The good news is that you are probably just underneath 'H10'. The bad news is that due to your proximity to Heathrow, please don't be tempted to try traversing the lanes without somebody who knows where they are going on board. (When on the lanes, you are required to maintain a route accuracy of somewhere in the region of +/- 200m.)

My best advice is to contact HeliAir at Denham (01895 835899) and find out if they have got an instructor available to help you through the lanes. If you want to go the 'scenic route', I suggest H10 then H4 eastbound along the Thames. Drop the instructor at Damyns Hall, pay for his cab back to Denham then you fly onwards to Sweden.

HTH,

B73

Edited to add: The 3 last posts all arrived at about the same time. I'll reiterate what I've just said. Please don't be tempted to try the lanes by yourself for the first time (especially not by following the route on a GPS!) . It might cost you a little bit more but please take someone with you who knows where they are going and what to say to the right person at the right time.

Edited again: If HeliAir can't help, Helicopter Services at Wycombe Air Park (01494 513166) should be able to find you someone to assist you.

Last edited by Bravo73; 29th May 2007 at 09:39.