PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LOSA observers at EK
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2007, 05:56
Gillegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had discussions with a couple of LOSA guys already and they come out with all the same sort of reasons why they should come along on flights, but ask THEM if they feel it will do any good and they admit nothing will change. Yes the report wil get published in the PUBLIC forum, but who will take any notice of it? Yes they will publish the threats and make objective comments HOWEVER THAT MEANS NOTHING IF EK TAKE NO NOTICE AND DO NOT MAKE CHANGES TO THE ENVIRONMENT WE WORK IN!!!!!
Thus I go back to the simple point that yes they may do a worthwile job but what is the point of spending the money on it if nothing will happen...............................and plesae don't tell me that you believe that just because the University of Texas has anything to do with LOSA means EK will actually do something!!!
I agree that based on previous experience, nothing will change - until the investigators are standing around a smoking hole in the ground and ask, "Were there any signs this was coming?". That is when an accurate LOSA report could be valuable. Without it, those responsible will just continue with their modus operandi of blaming others and taking no responsibility for their own actions.