PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore ATPL
Thread: Singapore ATPL
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2007, 04:42
thornycactus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb CAAS Licence Conversion

You are certainly welcome!

I am afraid even holding a JAA ATPL, you will be required to sit for all UKCAA ATPL papers compulsory.

I can understand your feelings very well and lots of people are so reluctant to sit for those ATPL papers again. I have met JAA ATPL holders (experienced Captains and co-pilots) and they have no choice but to sit for those UKCAA papers again. Not only that, flight check-ride is a must. Before a check-ride is being conducted, you have to complete a certain numbers of flying hours.

UKCAA ATPL papers are no longer offer in U.K. Many countries are firm and still using UKCAA examination standard. CAAS does not mark these papers and they are sent to UK for marking.

Once you have completed UKCAA exam papers plus check-ride and successfully converted your JAA ATPL licence to CAAS ATPL licence. It will be very easy for you to convert to any foreign licence thereafter.

To answer your question, if you were to be employed by any Singapore air operator, they will assist you. You have to remember, CAAS will consider your licence conversion, only you have been employed by Singapore air operator.