PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Air, Texas, U.S.A
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2007, 21:48
rateone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said it's been a while but the fleet was pretty sizeable (mostly private owners on lease arrangements. Quality generally very good, only Archer I've ever flown with air-con, mind you it's a must with outside temps of 104 degF. I seem to remember they had a Bonanza and a Mooney for complex conversions. Can't remember any twins. hangar was exceptionally clean and well kept (shiny floor, etc) with a couple of Lears. Good flight planning facilities upstairs.

Having said that I did have radio failure on a trip to Corsicana (picking up some Christmas cakes from the Collin Street Bakery). Dropped into Mesquite 'cos I didn't fancy the busy Addison circuit non-radio (bad enough with radio - R/T is as quick as a cattle auction). A quick phone call leaving Corsicana and there was an engineer waiting to meet me a Mesquite. I flew the other a/c back to Addison while they worked on the radio.

Rates weren't the cheapest but the quality was high.

Oh, make sure you check up on your insurance position - same in any US school, read the small print to find out what you're covered for.