PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - perth qantas engineering
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2007, 17:51
splashman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sobast,

A loss of 6000-8000, change of lifestyle,effect on super,loss of Z day's, all without negotiation.
Big Dick and M thought they could just railroad it through.

Everybody has a agenda, QF has via M..we also have an agenda..basically to give nothing that we have gained away without negotiation and if warrented,compensation. Also to protect our lifestyle, super, flexable Z day's etc.

The ALAEA, through the current exec, is fighting for all of us..slagging them shows that we can be divided.

Everyone gets a vote to express their views and set the direction that we take, but we must, even though we don't agree, abide by the majority.

I have the same feelings as you toward how the MEL vote was carried out,
but I am not about to slag anyone about it. (Maybe because the PER case had not been settled, that it was a way of being able to start from scratch after we knew where we stood, in regards to our ability to act as QF have, by withdrawing from extended hour agreements.) Who know's, I am not in a position to know, didn't like it but hey, maybe there is a bigger picture I can't see.

I just hate how a self centered few, can think they are above the rest of us, blatently undermine us and the rights and conditions that we fought and negotiated for.

We need a strong and united ALAEA to survive.