PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2007, 14:02
flyingpanther

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Blondechick

Hi, I currently work for Bmed and I'm telling you that a lot of people are UNHAPPY about the merger, a lot of people are leaving mainly to join BA ( I'm one of those) I don't know anybody who is not worried about the new conditions that BMI have in stock for the ones who will stay. Our lifestyle at the moment is great, possibility to commute and work part time still, the money is very good and the atmosphere downroute and inflight are more than enjoyable. The thing is we ve been part of the BMI group since feb and nobody is able to tell us what is it they want to do with us or the destinations, time flies and we ll soon be in october and even our management don't know what is going on or what will happen when the franchise comes to an end. Enjoy the time you'll spend as a BMED staff you'll love it, you'll have a great summer. I started myself during the summer two years ago and fell in love with a lot of our destinations. Most people would still be working for Bmed if the company remained the same even within the BMI group but as far as we know we ll be fully merged by the end of the summer season and that's depressing because our working conditions will change and we will have to give up our very smart BA uniform. Some of our crew also used to work for BMI and a lot of them would do anything not to go back .A lot of our pax ask us questions about the merger and some of them even told us that when BMI take over our destinations they'll start flying with other carriers! I've never worked for BMI and don't know anything about the service and the customer service, so just saying what I've heard on a regular basis since the announcement of the takeover. Good luck to everybody whether you join as BMED or BMI.